Queensland Winter Carnival 2023 requirements
19 April 2023
The Queensland Racing Integrity Commission (QRIC) is encouraging all thoroughbred racing participants taking part in the 2023 Winter Carnival to ensure they are aware of Queensland rules. Visiting riders and trainers should also ensure they have completed the necessary paperwork before the commencement of the Carnival on
24 April 2023.
Winter Carnival arrival times
- For all Winter Carnival Group races, stewards require horses to be on course 3 hours prior to the time appointed for the start of the race as per LR30(1)(ii).
Visiting licences and rules
- Visiting trainers and Visiting jockeys licences must completed and returned to QRIC at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Familiarise yourselves with the QRIC Thoroughbred Racing Penalty Guidelines and the overweight rider policy
- Thoroughbred Racing Penalty Guidelines
- Visiting jockey apprentice declaration
- Visiting trainer’s permit
- Overweight rider policy
For any further information contact Thoroughbredstewards@qric.qld.gov.au.